Friday, January 22, 2016

Channel Islands

Channel Islands

I got carried away and framed this one. I also framed "Floating Flowers". I just couldn't resist seeing what they looked like framed and Michael's was having a two for one sale.

I was born and raised on the California coast and this colorful painting reminded me of the Channel Islands sunset. Most of the time I have absolutely no idea what I am going to paint and this is definitely one of those times when a picture just turns up. Color is my inspiration. I'm more interested in color than subjects. When I paint I just pick some color I feel like working with and start mixing. The picture just develops from there. My painting is like a box of chocolates. I never know what I'm going to get. Crazy way to paint I know but I like the results and that's all that matters to me.

©Kinsey Barnard

1 comment: