Thursday, January 18, 2018

Geometric Oops!

Geometric Oops

For some reason I took it into my head I wanted to do some geometric designs. Horses have been on my mind a lot lately so I thought about a saddle blanket. Western saddle blankets have some awesome geometric designs.

About half way through I realized the error of my ways. If I'd wanted something to resemble a saddle blanket or maybe even a place mat I would have had to paint the designs on the horizontal not the vertical. LOL! A lesson learned for next time.

I also learned it is darned hard to paint straight lines free hand. Honestly, I don't know how people do it. After the first line up at the top it occurred to me that taping the lines would help. But, the other designs, egads! Indians painting on cave walls did better.

Even though this kind of painting vexes me no end I should probably make myself do it every now and again. It requires discipline and patience. When it comes to my painting I prefer the flourish to flourish.   

As usual this painting is just my latest mistake. And, as usual, I love it! Heaven help me I love color!

For more of my painting boo boos click here.

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment