Sunday, January 14, 2018

Lagoon

Lagoon 

I had quite a hard time coming up with a name for this puppy. The best I could come up with was Lagoon.

The Jennifer Lopez song, Where Are You Going To, comes to mind as regards this painting. I had absolutely no idea where I was going. Had I had a clue I might have done some things differently. But, there you go!

Someone asked the other day what kind of painting I do. I really had no idea what to say. I prefer any kind of painting that does not involve realism. I greatly appreciate the skill and training that goes into these types of paintings. And, whilst I often find them beautiful I do not find them mentally stimulating. I like art that challenges the imagination and gets the viewer involved in thinking and wondering. I also love giving voice to my inner child aka my primitives. So, what kind of painter am I? In a word I guess I'd have to say "Wayward?"

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment