Sunday, January 7, 2018

Hydrangeas

Hydrangeas

I was raised with the old bromide "Waste not. Want not". Believe me that one has stuck in my head to the point of sometimes my being a cheapskate. Also, I suppose, my Scot ancestry didn't help.

When I paint a picture there is generally paint leftover. Getting paint back in the tube is kind of like trying to un-ring a bell. I just can't bear to waste the paint. So, I take the opportunity to really let fly and try to create something with just the paint I have left.

Upon finishing WHEAT FIELDS & WILDFLOWERS, as usual, I had paint that needed using. Hydrangeas is what that paint wanted to be.

Don't waste paint! Cuz what you may really wasting is your innate creativity.  It's a wonderful opportunity to be free and be bold without fretting about the outcome.

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment