Monday, February 5, 2018

Aztec

Aztec

As so often happens I started this painting with an entirely different destination in mind. It took me so long to finish it I have completely forgotten my original idea.

The main thing is this piece gave me a great opportunity to find the right brushes for detail work. I have watched any number of You Tube tutorials and notice that different instructors favor different brushes for the same effect. I've also noticed that the sizes of the brushes don't always seem to jive.

As usual I've decided to figure out what's best for me through trial and error. I recently watched a video in which the instructor revealed her "secret" tip for painting fine lines, an angled flat brush. I was quite excited. But, it sure didn't work for me. Through this exercise I have stumble upon a small filbert that gets the job done for me.

The geometric designs were another experiment and practice.

I call this guy Aztec but maybe he's a Martian that came "Through the Looking Glass"?

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment