Saturday, February 24, 2018

Blowing Through The Jasmine In My Mind

Blowing Through The Jasmine in My Mind

When I first started to see this painting take shape, as so often happens, a song began playing in my mind but I couldn't get a handle on it. I could hear the melody and the lyrics "summer breeze" but just couldn't pull it out. The best I could come up with was Landscape of My Mind so I went with it. Just a moment ago, the melody still wafting in my mind, I had a Eureka moment and there it was Seals and Crofts Summer Breeze. Maybe it doesn't work because Jasmine are generally white but that's beauty of imagination isn't it? Maybe Canyons In My Mind would be better?

I was in an expansive frame of mind so I treated my mind to a little color therapy. I've been looking at a lot of impressionist paintings lately; Monet, Manet, Van Gogh. Maybe that's where it came from. I can just stare at beautiful colors like these and be transported to another more peaceful place. Gads, I love color.

I tried like crazy to get the true colors of this painting. You'll have to take my word for it the actual painting is, to my way of thinking, prettier. Don't know why I couldn't get it right. Probably a light problem. It's fixing to snow and there's not a lot of natural light to be had. It's still very nice this way.

Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment