Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Journey Begins

I have had some success as a fine art photographer but lately have found my enthusiasm for that art form begin to wane. I'm not one to define myself by what I do so switching gears is not something I find particularly difficult. And, I love an adventure.

I have decided that I would like to try my hand at painting. I don't know the first thing about it and I think that is a great advantage. I have not a clue what is right or what is wrong. I'm completely unencumbered by any preexisting theories. My belief is that there is no right or wrong in art. I believe art, in any form, should be nothing more and nothing less than the free expression of the artists singular inner being. Doing art in order to please others is a fools errand and really not art by my definition.

OK, so free expression of myself is not a problem. I know no other road than the one less traveled. I adore doing things just because they float my boat. I don't like boxing myself in with other peoples concepts.

I have gotten as far as deciding that I would like to try my hand at acrylic painting. I've done a little research into different paints and acrylics seem like the perfect medium for a true neophyte such as myself. "Seem" being the operative word. I may find that not to be so. In any event it's a place to start.

This blog is meant to be a dairy of my painting journey. I want a record for myself of the various discoveries I make along the way. I'm making it public in case a few others stumble upon it and find it useful.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you may want to correct the word from dairy to diary. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! That is too funny! Now you may understand why painting might be so difficult for me to learn! Thanks for pointing it out because I saw "diary" every time I looked at it!

      Delete
    2. That was why I had sent the note, "Don't Shoot the Messenger." LOL

      Delete